TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 1. GENERAL SCHOOL LAW
PART IV-B. QUALITY SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS PROGRAM
SUBPART C. QUALITY SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS COUNCIL
17:375 Duties and responsibilities of the council
A. The council shall:
(1) Annually allocate all monies appropriated to the council in a manner that is consistent with the program, the goals of this Part, and the established policies and rules of the council.
(2) Adopt and promulgate such policies, rules, and regulations as are necessary for the conduct of the council's meetings, staff management, and other internal business, and as are necessary for the conduct of the program. The policies and rules concerned with the conduct of the program shall be adopted pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
(3) Repealed by Acts 2001, No. 1185, §8, effective July 1, 2001.
(4) Establish the criteria and eligibility standards for the receipt of materials and supplies provided by this program.
(5) Establish an inventory process for equipment and supplies distributed as provided by this program and a monitoring process for its use.
(6) Seek opportunities to participate in programs involving the training of teachers of science and mathematics.
(7) Act as an informational source for teachers and school personnel seeking ways to improve science and mathematics education.
(8) Work with other state agencies, including institutions of higher education, to improve science and mathematics education.
B. The council may:
(1) Establish priorities in any expenditure or training programs.
(2) Enter into contracts or agreements with government agencies, governmental subdivisions, or private vendors, as is necessary to further the purpose of the program and any priorities established by the council.
(3) Seek and expend private grants or donations.
(4) Provide, by contract, interagency agreement, or otherwise, for any offices required for the council, the executive director, and other members of the staff and for any necessary administrative support with any state agency, including an institution of higher education or on any other basis provided by law.
Added by Acts 1992, No. 1093, §1. Amended by Acts 2001, No. 1185, §1, eff. July 1, 2001.