TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 2. TEACHERS AND EMPLOYEES
PART XII. SCHOOL EMPLOYEE PERSONNEL FILES
The following words, terms, and phrases shall have the meaning ascribed to them in this Section, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Document" means any written or otherwise tangible material intended to be or actually used as a part of or any evidence of the work history of any school employee including but not limited to any and all reports, comments, reprimands, correspondence, memoranda, evaluations, observations, and grievances relative to a particular school employee.
(2) "Personnel file" means the file or files which contain the cumulative collection of any and all documents maintained by the school system with respect to each individual school employee.
(3) "Personnel file custodian" means those persons employed by the school system charged with the duty of maintaining and preserving the personnel files.
(4) "School system" means a parish or city school system.
(5) "Third party" means any person or entity not regularly employed or employed under a contract by the school system in which the school employee is employed.
Added by Acts 1987, No. 174, Sec. 1.