TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 4. LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY AND AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICAL COLLEGE
PART II. DIVISIONS, BRANCHES AND DEPARTMENTS
SUBPART C-2. LSU HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER--HEALTH CARE SERVICES DIVISION
17:1519.9 Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans; administration
A. The LSU Health Sciences Center-New Orleans, through its chancellor, shall continue to enter into a cooperative endeavor agreement with Tulane University Health Sciences Center, through its senior vice president, and the secretary of Department of Health and Hospitals, or his designee, for the administration of the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans. For purposes of this Section, administration shall include budgets, staffing, medical services, contracting, and other administrative services. It also shall include distribution of graduate medical education resources for the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans, except as provided in R.S. 36:254(A)(14).
B. Any such cooperative endeavor agreement shall include the establishment of an administrative board.
(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of R.S. 42:1101 et seq., the administrative board shall be comprised of fifteen representatives, three from the LSU HSC-NO, three from the Tulane University Health Sciences Center, three from Xavier University, three from the Department of Health and Hospitals, one each from Dillard University and Southern University at New Orleans, which collectively shall have one vote, and the chief executive officer of the division, who will serve as an ex officio non-voting member. Each institution shall have one vote with the exception of Dillard University and Southern University at New Orleans. Each administrative board member shall have a fiduciary duty to the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans.
(2) The administrative board shall have policy-making authority for the administration of the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans.
C. The cooperative endeavor agreements shall require that policy-making decisions by the administrative board require unanimous vote of the institutions represented on the administrative board prior to implementation.
D. Policy making decisions or recommendations can include:
(1) The hiring and firing of the chief executive officer for the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans.
(2) The hiring and firing of the medical director for the Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans.
(3) The addition, reduction, discontinuation, or transfer of medical services.
(4) The establishment and maintenance of practices and procedures to ensure compliance with the standards set by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
(5) The establishment and maintenance of practices and procedures designed to meet requirements of medical school accrediting bodies and graduate medical education accrediting bodies.
(6) Annual distribution of house staff and faculty resources between the LSU HSC-NO and Tulane University Health Sciences Center.
(7) The establishment of any contract or affiliation for medical services or medical education.
(8) Amendments to the medical staff bylaws and hospital policies and procedures.
(9) Any expenditures for new or expanded major clinical educational research programs.
E. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Section, changes in the responsibility for providing anesthesiology, radiology, and pathology shall require the approval of the board through the chancellor of the LSU HSC-NO.
F. Any dispute arising out of matters pursuant to this Section may be referred to non-binding arbitration by any one of the five institutions represented on the administrative board.
(1) One arbitrator shall be selected by each institution represented on the administrative board and those five arbitrators shall name an additional two arbitrators to the panel, one of whom shall serve as chair.
(2) If the panel is unable to make a determination or if any one of the institutions represented on the administrative board is not satisfied with the determination of the panel, any one of the institutions represented on the administrative board may appeal to the commissioner of administration for a final determination.
Acts 2003, No. 906, s 1, eff. July 1, 2003.