TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 7-A. LOUISIANA CANCER RESEARCH CENTER OF L.S.U. HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER
IN NEW ORLEANS/TULANE HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER
17:1924 Purposes and powers of the center
The governance board of the center shall have authority to:
(1) Sue and be sued, including the right to recover all debts owing to the center, and to retain legal counsel therefor.
(2) Actively seek and accept donations, bequests, and other forms of financial assistance for educational and research purposes from any public or private person or agency and comply with rules and regulations governing grants from the federal government or any other person or agency which are not in contravention of the constitution and laws of the state.
(3) Purchase and maintain equipment and make improvements to facilities necessary for the use of the center.
(4) Approve the appointment of such administrative officers and other personnel as the governance board deems necessary and designate their titles. The compensation of all officers and employees shall be fixed by the governance board and the officers so appointed shall serve at the pleasure of the governance board.
(5) Adopt, amend, and repeal rules and regulations necessary or proper for the business of the center.
(6) Enter into contracts and agreements with other agencies and entities with respect to cooperative enterprises and undertakings relating to or associated with the purposes of the center.
(7) Perform such other functions as are necessary or incidental to the supervision and management of the center.
(8) Employ the proceeds of all donations, grants, and requests made to the center so as to effect the purposes of and in accordance with the terms and conditions of such donations, grants, and requests.
Added by Acts 2002, 1st Ex.Sess., No. 41, 1.