Title 17. Education
Chapter 8. Education of Students with Exceptionalities
Part II-D. Thrive Academy
As used in this Part, the following words, terms, and phrases shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this Section, except when the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) “At-risk student” means a student who meets at least one of the following criteria:
(a) Is eligible for health benefits under Medicaid.
(b) Is in the eighth grade or below and is reading two or more grade levels below grade level as determined by any of the tests required pursuant to R.S. 17:24.4.
(c) Has a documented history of truancy.
(d) Is in foster care pursuant to placement through the Department of Children and Family Services.
(e) Meets the criteria for a homeless student as defined in the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
(f) Is referred by a teacher, counselor, or principal.
(2) “Department” means the state Department of Education.
(3) “School” means the Thrive Academy.
(4) “State board” means the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education.
(5) “State superintendent” means the state superintendent of education.
Added by Acts 2016, No. 672, § 1, eff. July 1, 2017.