TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 8. EDUCATION OF CHILDREN WITH EXCEPTIONALITIES
PART VI. GOVERNOR'S PROGRAM FOR GIFTED CHILDREN
17:1989.8 Miscellaneous powers of program
A. Without limitation of the foregoing, the program, acting through its director or other authorized representatives, has the authority to:
(1) Award diplomas for completion of the program's course of studies.
(2) Conduct seminars and workshops both during the program's session and at other times for gifted children, parents, or teachers of the gifted.
(3) Train teachers to teach gifted children and to award certificates for completion of such training.
(4) Conduct research into methods and techniques for teaching the gifted and publish the results of that research.
(5) Engage in cooperative and joint ventures with other institutions of learning, programs for the gifted, and similar entities related to gifted education.
(6) Conduct activities designed to identify students who are potential students of the program.
(7) Establish and operate programs for the musically gifted.
B. The program may also engage in any other activities reasonably related to its purposes and goals as set forth in this Part and which shall not be contrary to law.
Added by Acts 1999, No. 595, § 1, eff. June 30, 1999.