TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 9. CAREER EDUCATION AND REHABILITATION
PART I. CAREER EDUCATION
17:2009 Vocational-technical portable building program
A. Each vocational-technical school may enter into a sales contract each year for the construction of a portable building.
B. The building contracts shall be subject to approval by the Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges, which shall formulate and adopt appropriate regulations for the governance of such contracts.
C. Each vocational-technical school which enters into such a building contract shall:
(1) Furnish building plans and build to plan specifications.
(2) Comply with all local and state building codes and federal standards to enable buyers to secure federal or other financing.
(3) Advertise in accordance with state bidding procedures for all materials and for all other applicable items.
(4) Sell the building to the highest bidder prior to beginning construction or upon completion.
D. (1) The proceeds of the sale of any building constructed pursuant to this Section shall be available for expenditure by the school at which the sold building was constructed in accordance with R.S. 39:42(C).
(2) The Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges shall establish a program for the purpose of advancing monies to any vocational-technical school under the board's jurisdiction having an approved carpentry program to initiate and develop a vocational-technical portable building program as authorized by this Section. The board shall adopt necessary rules and regulations to implement the provisions of this Subsection, and such rules and regulations shall include but not be limited to a procedure whereby monies advanced to any vocational-technical school to initiate and develop a portable building program shall be repaid by it to the department upon the portable building program becoming self-sufficient. Beginning with the 1999-2000 Fiscal Year and annually thereafter, the Board of Supervisors of Community and Technical Colleges shall request sufficient funds from the legislature to effectuate the purposes of this Paragraph.
Added by Acts 1988, No. 737, § 1. Amended by Acts 1989, No. 242, § 1; Acts 1998, 1st Ex.Sess., No. 151, § 1, eff. July 1, 1999.