TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 23. PRESERVATION OF EDUCATIONAL PROCESS
For the purposes of this Chapter the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Institution of higher learning" means any state owned and operated college or university now or hereafter established, and includes all state owned and operated junior colleges and branches of such colleges and universities.
(2) "Normal educational process" includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the privilege and ability of students, faculty, administrators and other personnel to study, teach, administer and perform their duties at the institution of higher learning as well as to do all things necessary and incidental to these pursuits.
(3) "Student" means any person who is enrolled at any institution of higher learning.
(4) "Member of the faculty" means any person employed by the institution of higher learning to instruct students.
(5) "Member or employee of the administrative staff" includes all other persons employed by the institution of higher learning.
(6) "Governing authority" means the Board of Supervisors of Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College, as relates to the power and authority of that body to govern the affairs of that university, and means the Louisiana State Board of Education, as relates to the power and authority of that board to govern all other state owned and operated colleges and universities.
Added by Acts 1969, No. 59, Sec. 1.