Title 17. Education
Chapter 26. Colleges and Universities
Part XII. Campus Accountability and Safety
17:3399.17 Public postsecondary education institutions; sexual assault surveys
A. (1) Each public postsecondary education institution shall administer an anonymous sexual assault climate survey to its students once every three years. If an institution administers other surveys with regard to campus safety, the sexual assault survey may be included as a separate component of any such survey provided that the sexual assault component is clearly identified as such.
(2) Participation in the sexual assault climate survey shall be voluntary; no student shall be required or coerced to participate in the survey nor shall any student face retribution or negative consequence of any kind for declining to participate.
B. The Board of Regents shall:
(1) Develop the survey in consultation with the public postsecondary education management boards and in accordance with national best practices.
(2) Work with the management boards in researching and selecting the best method of developing and administering the survey.
(3) Submit a written report on survey results to the House Committee on Education, Senate Committee on Education, and the governor not later than September first following administration of the survey. The report shall summarize results from each public postsecondary education institution and the state as a whole.
(4) Publish the survey results on the board’s website and in any other location or venue the board deems necessary or appropriate.
C. Each public postsecondary institution shall:
(1) Administer a survey during the 2022-2023 academic year and every third year thereafter.
(2) Report survey results to the Board of Regents.
Added by Acts 2019, No. 157, § 1, eff. June 6, 2019.