TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 33. PROFESSIONAL GROWTH PROGRAM
In this Chapter, these words shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education.
(2) "Department" means the State Department of Education.
(3) "Mentor" means any teacher qualified and selected pursuant to R.S. 17:3774 and who associates with and assists another teacher for the purpose of aiding his professional growth.
(4) "New teacher" means any full time employee of a city or parish school board who is engaged to and does directly provide instruction to students, who holds a valid regular Louisiana teaching certificate, and who is engaged in his first year of teaching.
(5) "Program" means the Professional Growth Program created in this Chapter.
(6) "System" means any or the appropriate city or parish school board.
Added by Acts 1986, No. 713, Sec. 1.