TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 44. RED TAPE REDUCTION AND LOCAL EMPOWERMENT WAIVER PROGRAM
As used in this Chapter, unless otherwise clearly indicated, the following terms mean:
(1) "Board" means the State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education.
(2) "Department" means the state Department of Education.
(3) "District" means any city, parish, or other local public school district, the Recovery School District, and the Special School District.
(4) "Governing authority" means the governing authority of any public elementary or secondary school.
(5) "Low-performing school" means an academically unacceptable school as determined by the board.
(6) "Superintendent" means the superintendent of any city, parish, or other local public school district, the director of the Special School District, and the superintendent of the Recovery School District.
(7) "Waiver" means a waiver granted pursuant to and in accordance with this Chapter which exempts the recipient district from any provision of this Title or from any rule, regulation, or policy of the board that is applicable to public schools and to public school officers and employees. A waiver may be granted for any combination of such laws, rules, regulations, or policies, including but not limited to those related to instructional time, curriculum, funding, personnel, student-to-personnel ratios, and student support; however, Subpart B of Part III of Chapter 1 of Title 17 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, R.S. 17:158, 416.2, 3902 and laws, rules, and regulations identified in R.S. 17:3996(B) and those related to matters identified in R.S. 17:3996(A) shall not be waived. Also, any limitation or restriction on outsourcing of food, clerical, custodial, or paraprofessional services shall not be waived.
Added by Acts 2010, No. 749, § 1, eff. June 29, 2010.