TITLE 17. EDUCATION
CHAPTER 44. RED TAPE REDUCTION AND LOCAL EMPOWERMENT WAIVER PROGRAM
17:4043 Requests for waivers
A. A governing authority may request a waiver for any school, any combination of schools, or all schools under his district's jurisdiction. However, a governing authority shall not request a waiver for any school unless a majority of the classroom teachers employed in the school, voting by secret ballot, vote in favor of inclusion of such school in the waiver request.
B. A governing authority requesting a waiver shall submit to the board a written waiver request that does all of the following:
(1) Identifies the specific laws, rules, regulations, and policies from which waiver is sought.
(2) Identifies the school or schools that will be covered by the waiver.
(3) Describes the policies and procedures that will be instituted as a substitute for the waived provisions.
(4) Describes how the proposed waiver will accomplish all of the following:
(a) Increase the quality of instruction for students.
(b) Improve the academic achievement of students.
(c) Improve teaching effectiveness within schools.
(5) Describes, for each school year, specific, measurable educational goals and the methods to be used annually to measure progress in meeting such goals.
Added by Acts 2010, No. 749, § 1, eff. June 29, 2010.