TITLE 23. LABOR AND WORKERS' COMPENSATION
CHAPTER 1. LOUISIANA WORKFORCE COMMISSION
PART IV. COMPREHENSIVE LABOR MARKET INFORMATION SYSTEM
For purposes of this Part, the following terms shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
(1) "Commission" shall mean the Louisiana Workforce Commission as provided in R.S. 23:1.
(2) "Conference" shall mean the Occupational Forecasting Conference as provided in R.S. 23:76.
(3) "Council" shall mean the Louisiana Workforce Investment Council as provided in R.S. 23:2042.
(4) "System" shall mean the comprehensive information system as provided in R.S. 23:73.
(5) "Workforce development activity" shall mean any program, service, or activity that involves workforce preparation or vocational skills training. It shall also include any program, service, or activity that tends to improve an individual's employment opportunities such as basic education, academic education, vocational, technical, or occupational education, job readiness training, and job search training.
Added by Acts 1997, No. 1, § 1, eff. April 30, 1997. Amended by Acts 2008, No. 743, § 2, eff. July 1, 2008.