Title 38. Public Contracts, Works and Improvements
Chapter 4. Levee Districts
Part III. General Provisions
38:321.1 Additional procurement methods; state of Louisiana and political subdivisions of the state
A. In addition to the procurement methods available to all political subdivisions, as an alternate cost-effective means of acquiring materials, supplies, vehicles, and equipment, the state of Louisiana and any levee district, levee drainage district, municipality, parish, or other political subdivision of the state may purchase these items through an existing public contract of another political subdivision within one year of the opening of bids, provided that the following conditions are met:
(1) The contract was bid in compliance with R.S. 38:2211 et seq.
(2) The total purchases on the contract do not exceed two times what was purchased by the political subdivision bidding the contract.
(3) The written consent of the political subdivision which bid the contract is obtained, as well as the contract number, and if applicable, the resolution accepting the contract.
(4) The vendor agrees to the additional purchase.
(5) The vendor, product, materials, supplies, vehicles, or equipment are identical to those specified in the existing public contract of the other political subdivision, and the price is the same as the original contract price.
B. The state of Louisiana and any levee district, levee drainage district, municipality, parish, or other political subdivision of the state may rely on a certificate of the political subdivision that the contract was bid in compliance with state law.
C. A state agency or any local government agency may rely on a certificate of the office of state procurement that the contract bid is also in compliance with Title 39 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, and has been adopted as a statewide cooperative contract pursuant to the cooperative purchase provisions of R.S. 39:1702 et seq.
Added by Acts 2011, No. 371, § 1. Amended by Acts 2016, No. 510, § 1.