TITLE 39. PUBLIC FINANCE
SUBTITLE II. LOCAL FINANCE
CHAPTER 7. LOCAL DEPOSITORIES
PART I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
39:1215 Depositing authorities located in parishes or municipalities of over one hundred thousand; private contract with banks
A. If any local depositing authority, located in whole or in part in any parish or municipality with a population of over one hundred thousand, is unable to arrive at a satisfactory fiscal agency contract with a bank located in this state, it may consummate a private contract for deposits or loans or both, either within or without this state, subject to the following provisions:
(1) If any bank located within this state has signified in advance its intention to participate in the private contract and has further specified in advance the amount and extent to which participation is desired, the bank shall have the right to participate in the amount and to the extent so specified in advance, upon the same terms and conditions as all banks within or without the state participating in the private contract.
(2) No private contract shall be entered into by any depositing authority, located in whole or in part in any parish or municipality having a population of over one hundred thousand, with any bank, located either within or without the state at a greater rate of interest on loans than is provided for in this Chapter.
(3) For all funds deposited under any private contract entered into under the provisions of this Chapter, the depositing authority shall require from the depository bank security of the same class and in the same amount as provided for deposits of all other public funds under the provisions of this Chapter.
(4) All the provisions of this Chapter, relating to the method of realizing upon the security in the event of failure or suspension of any depository bank, except as these provisions may be in conflict with the laws of any state other than this state, shall be complied with and shall be acknowledged to be in full force and effect upon the consummation of the private contract with any bank within or without this state.
(5) The depositing authority may adjust the deposits under its control to the bank within or without the state which participate in the private contract in such proportionate amount as to compensate the bank for its participation therein.