Title 39. Public Finance
Subtitle III. General Laws on State Debt
Chapter 17. Louisiana Procurement Code
Part I. General Provisions
Subpart A. Short Title, Purposes, Construction, and Application
39:1552 Purposes; rules of construction
A. Interpretation. This Chapter shall be construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies.
B. Purposes and policies. The underlying purposes and policies of this Chapter are:
(1) To simplify, clarify, and modernize the law governing procurement by this state.
(2) To permit the continued development of procurement policies and practices.
(3) To provide for increased public confidence in the procedures followed in public procurement.
(4) To ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who deal with the procurement system of this state.
(5) To provide increased economy in state procurement activities by fostering effective competition.
(6) To provide safeguards for the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity.
Acts 2014, No. 864, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 2015.