TITLE 40. PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY
CHAPTER 3. HOUSING AUTHORITIES AND SLUM CLEARANCE
PART V. LOUISIANA HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AREA LAW
40:582.6 Duties and responsibilities of the department
The department shall be authorized to administer the provisions of this Part and shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To review and approve or disapprove of housing development areas only after receiving certified documents evidencing approval thereof by the appropriate governing authority and agreement by that governing authority to refund local sales taxes for the purposes and under the conditions set forth in this Part.
(2) To accept upon sale of the new, restored, renovated, or rehabilitated housing provided under this Part evidence from the governing authority of the sales tax refund due; to review the evidence; and to certify to the Department of Revenue that a state sales tax refund is due and payable by that department.
(3) To monitor the implementation and operation of this Part and conduct a continuing evaluation of the progress made in housing development areas.
(4) To submit an annual report evaluating the effectiveness of the program and any suggestions for legislation to the governor and the legislature no later than the first day of March of each year.
(5) To notify each legislator whose district includes any portion of a housing development area when the department approves that designation.
(6) To promulgate rules, regulations, and procedures to effectuate this Part in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act. [FN1]
Added by Acts 1984, No. 292, § 1.
[FN1] R.S. 49:950 et seq.