Title 42. Public Officers and Employees
Chapter 6. Prevention of Sexual Harassment
Unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following words and terms, when used in this Chapter, shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Agency” means a department, office, division, agency, commission, board, committee, or other organizational unit of a governmental entity.
(2) “Agency head” means the chief executive or administrative officer of an agency or the chairman of a board or commission.
(3) “Elected official” means any person holding an office in a governmental entity which is filled by the vote of the appropriate electorate. It shall also include any person appointed to fill a vacancy in such office.
(4) “Governmental entity” means the state or any political subdivision.
(5) “Public employee” means anyone who is:
(a) An administrative officer or official of a governmental entity who is not filling an elective office.
(b) Appointed to a post or position created by rule, law, resolution, ordinance, charter, or executive order.
(c) Employed by an agency, officer, or official of a governmental entity.
(6) “Public servant” means a public employee or an elected official.
Added by Acts 2018, No. 270, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2019.